Anna UrbańczykLegal Counsel email@example.com
T: +48 22 210 00 00
A member of the insurance and energy teams. Anna is a graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Adam Mickiewicz (UAM) in Poznań, and of the Ethnolinguistics Philology at the Faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures at UAM. She is a member of the District Chamber of Legal Counsels in Poznań.
Anna specialises in energy law, commercial insurance and civil law. She advises energy businesses operating in such sectors as gas, heat, electric power and renewable energy, as well as insurance companies, policyholders and entities connected with insurance market.
- Provided day-to-day advice to insurance companies, insurance intermediaries and reinsurance companies, in particular in terms of the provisions of the Insurance Mediation Act and the Insurance Distribution Act;
- Advised insurance companies and policyholders on broadly-defined relationship with insurance brokers, including practices relating to payment of broker’s commission;
- Provided advice to insurance brokers on matters involving, among other things, verification of standard terms and conditions of brokerage agreements used, as well as review and update of same in light of the ever-changing legal landscape;
- Participated in due diligence investigations of entities providing insurance intermediation services;
- Participated in appeal proceedings against the decision of the President of the Office for Competition and Consumer Protection issued to insurance companies, and in administrative proceedings conducted before the President of the Office for Competition and Consumer Protection that ended with commitment decisions issued to insurance companies;
- Participated in court proceedings concerning claims against insurance companies, including claims relating to unit-linked life insurance policies;
- Participated in court proceedings concerning personal injury claims;
- Participated in the drawing up of legal opinions to the Polish Insurance Association (PL: Polska Izba Ubezpieczeń).
- Provided day-to-day regulatory advice to energy companies, primarily with respect to the Polish Energy Law provisions and secondary legislation to that law, as well as the provisions of the Transmission Grid Code and the Distribution Grid Code;
- Verified standard terms and conditions of contracts used by businesses, and drafted and implemented amendments to standard terms and conditions of complex gas fuel supply agreements and electricity distribution agreements in light of the ever-changing legal and regulatory landscape;
- Advised on the drawing up of standard terms and conditions of complex electricity supply agreements and electricity sales agreements to the key natural gas supplier in Poland;
- Advised energy companies with respect to the development of procedures for concluding complex electricity supply agreements and electricity sales agreements with consumers (in liaison with WKB’s competition law team);
- Advised a distribution system operator during a dispute with a contractor relating to the performance of a public procurement contract;
- Participated in projects relating to renewable energy sources investments.