Anna WyrzykowskaAdvocate, Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +48 22 201 00 00
Anna is the head of WKB’s Real Estate & Property Development practice, and also co-heads the French desk.
Anna specialises in real estate trading law, spatial planning and land development law, and construction law. She assists clients in property purchases, location of prospective developments and contracting with architects and construction companies. Anna also has many years’ experience in advising on the commercialisation of shopping centre, office and warehouse space. She provides training on real estate law with regard to, in particular, the legal intricacies of the commercial real estate and lease market.
Anna also has extensive experience in advising on all aspects of company law, including incorporation, liquidation, share issues and share redemptions, as well as mergers, divisions and corporate transformation processes. She also assists clients in various corporate governance issues, including the adoption of internal corporate governance rules. Anna also leads on M&A transactions, including trade or business sales and enterprise or company acquisitions.
She provides her expertise in dispute resolution and administrative proceedings to clients involved in real estate and company law related matters and cases.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw and the School of American Law at the Centre for American Law Studies (a joint initiative between the University of Florida and the University of Warsaw), Anna also completed postgraduate studies in French and European Business Law at the University of Poitiers in France (D.E.S.S. du droit français et européen des affaires) and a postgraduate programme at the Warsaw School of Economics entitled ‘The Legal Basis of the Construction Process’. In addition, Anna attended an internship organised for foreign advocates by the Paris Bar as part of the EFB (Ecole de Formation professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d'Appel de Paris), during which she worked as a legal intern for Paris-based law firm De Pardieu Brocas Maffei.
Anna is a member of the AIJA (Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats/International Association of Young Lawyers). She is also a lecturer on real estate and company law at Warsaw advocate’s bar (Okręgowa Rada Adwokacka w Warszawie).
Real Estate & Property Development
- Advised MB Aerospace on the purchase of an industrial property in Rzeszów from Pratt & Whitney Rzeszów, including due diligence of the property and transactional advice;
- Advised on the real estate law issues related to the merger of PERN and OLPP;
- Advised Nokia Solutions and Networks on its contract with Polski Holding Nieruchomości for the long-term lease of an office and lab space located in the DOH building in Warsaw;
- Advised Nokia Solutions and Networks on its contract with Echo Investment for the long-term lease of an office and lab space located in the WestGate estate (c. 14,000 m²) and Westlink estate (c. 11,000 m²) in Wrocław;
- Advised Griffin Real Estate on the due diligence audit of Qualia Development and 17 office, housing and hotel developments in various stages of completion, as well as two office buildings located in Warsaw;
- Conducted due diligence audits for Cefarm Nieruchomości of various real estate properties, including three LNG terminals owned by BP, two power plants located in the Pomorskie voivodeship, and certain housing estates;
- Advised Panattoni Europe on, among other issues, due diligence audits and the analysis and negotiation of general contractor and long-term lease agreements (including the BTS lease), as well as issuing legal opinions in respect of certain real property;
- Prepared a report for PGNiG Termika identifying risks regarding the construction of a gas installation for the new gas and steam power unit at the Żerań power station;
- Advised Media Saturn Holding, ADP Polska, Katcon, Schülke Polska, GG Warsaw Fitness and New Look Group Limited on the conclusion and performance of lease agreements. Advised on the negotiation and conclusion of office space lease agreements between Petrolot and PKN Orlen, Wizz Air, Travel Service and Konsalnet;
- Developed standard form agreements for the lease of office, catering and exhibition space at the National Stadium, at the request of PL.2012;
- Advised Global Wind Power, WKN, Cerac, Energix and EDF on matters relating to foreign investment in wind farms (including due diligence of wind farm projects in terms of spatial planning, construction process and legal title to land);
- Advised on the general contractor agreement for the construction of the GreenWings Offices building in Warsaw;
- Represented WKB’s clients in various court and administrative proceedings concerning such issues as reprivatisation and betterment levies, including in regard to a building permit for the construction of the Windfarm Polska II wind farm (a joint venture between Sevivon and Siemens comprising 14 turbines with a total capacity of 42 MW);
- Provided transactional advice to Stena Recycling, Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy and Chemwik on the acquisition and sale of industrial realty.
Corporate and M&A law
- Member of the team advising private equity fund Benson Elliot on the acquisition of a pan-European portfolio of eight prime hotels (including the Sheraton Hotel in central Warsaw) from Host Hotels & Resorts Inc.’s European joint venture. (The overall value of the transaction was €420,000,000.);
- Conducted due diligence analysis of Elektrownia Ostrołęka for ENEA;
- Advised Stena Metall on the Polish legal aspects of the acquisition of the IL Recycling group (a recycling company operating in Poland and Sweden) and the consolidation of the group via a merger of Stena Recycling with First Recycling;
- Advised the Tauron Group on commercial law issues, particularly relating to intra-group restructuring and division of group companies;
- Provided legal advice with respect to the agreement on taking up equity in TUW Pocztowe by Fundusz Składkowy Ubezpieczenia Społecznego Rolników, and amendments to the statute of TUW Pocztowe;
- Advised the Raben Group on corporate governance documentation;
- Advised on the merger between Raben Polska and Fresh Logistics, including on legal aspects of the acquisition of agricultural real property within the meaning of the Polish Act on the Agricultural System;
- Provided legal advice to EDF Polska on division of the company and ongoing corporate issues;
- Provided legal advice on company law to such companies as PZU, PKP Intercity, PKN Orlen, Tauron Polska Energia and Nokia Solutions and Networks;
- Co-ordinated and supervised due diligence of Apply Group companies at the request of Bilfinger;
- Conducted due diligence of Destylacje Polskie group companies (the leading Polish producer of ethyl alcohol rectified and dehydrated) at the request of ING Bank Śląski;
- Advised Perfect Gym Solutions (fitness and sports club management software) on the negotiation and execution of an investment agreement with Daftcode.