We are pleased to announce the results of the latest Legal 500 EMEA 2022 ranking – our firm has been recommended in 17 categories (including, for the first time, White Collar Crime). In four areas we were again recommended as TOP TIER FIRM, and 50 of our lawyers received individual recommendations. This is a very good result after an excellent last year, where there were already 35 recommended WKB lawyers.
This year WKB is again recommended as TOP TIER FIRM in 4 areas – Competition/Antitrust, Construction, Insurance and Public Procurement. Two of our lawyers, Jerzy Baehr PhD (Energy) and Aleksander Stawicki (Competition Law), are in the Hall of Fame. Four WKB lawyers are again recommended as Leading Individuals: Jakub Pokrzywniak PhD (Insurance), Jan Roliński (Public Procurement), Bartosz Turno PhD (Competition Law) and Anna Wojciechowska (Corporate Law). As in the previous year, Dorota Karczewska (Competition Law) and Anna Flaga-Martynek (Infrastructure Projects) are recognised as Next Generation Partners, and Krzysztof Wawrzyniak (Corporate Law) was once again is recognized as a Rising Star.
The Legal 500 EMEA 2022 recommends WKB in the following categories:
Competition/antitrust: Top Tier Firm
- Individual recommendations for Aleksander Stawicki (Hall of Fame), Dorota Karczewska (Next Generation Partner), Bartosz Turno PhD (Leading Individual), Aleksandra Dziurkowska and Wojciech Kulczyk.
Construction: Top Tier Firm
- Individual recommendations for Anna Flaga– Martynek (Next Generation Partner), Marta Midloch and Rafał Woźniak.
Insurance: Top Tier Firm
- Individual recommendations for Jakub Pokrzywniak (Leading Individual), Tomasz Kwieciński and Marek Prętki.
Public procurement: Top Tier Firm
- Individual recommendations for Jan Roliński (Leading Individual), Agnieszka Chwiałkowska and Jarosław Kola PhD.
Dispute resolution: Tier 2
- Individual recommendations for Bartłomiej Jankowski, Wiktor Iwański PhD, Tomasz Kwieciński PhD, Natalia Kabacińska and Jordan Zafirow.
Energy and natural resources: Tier 2
- Individual recommendations for Jerzy Baehr PhD (Hall of Fame), Maciej Szambelańczyk and Jakub Pokrzywniak PhD.
Restructuring and insolvency: Tier 2
- Individual recommendations for Andrzej Wierciński, Marcin Smolarek, Piotr Grabarczyk, Klaudia Frątczak-Kospin and Jakub Jędrzejak.
Banking and finance: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Marcin Smolarek, Piotr Grabarczyk, Michał Kalicki and Augustyn Wróbel.
Capital markets: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Agata Szczepańczyk-Piwek, Marta Midloch, Jakub Jędrzejak and Monika Obiegło.
Commercial, corporate and M&A: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Anna Wojciechowska (Leading Individual), Andrzej Wierciński, Jakub Jędrzejak, Ben Davey, Grzegorz Godlewski, Krzysztof Wawrzyniak (Rising Star) and Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska.
Data privacy and data protection: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska and Karolina Miksa.
Employment: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Wioleta Polak, Magda Kurowicka and Monika Walasek.
Intellectual property: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Agnieszka Wiercińska–Krużewska, Aleksandra Bączykowska, Paulina Maślak-Stępnikowska and Emanuel Wanat.
Private equity: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations Jakub Jędrzejak, Ben Davey, Klaudia Frątczak–Kospin, Dominik Kulpa and Tomasz Maślak.
TMT: Tier 3
- Individual recommendation for Agnieszka Wiercińska–Krużewska.
Real Estate: Tier 4
- Individual recommendations for Anna Wyrzykowska and Bartosz Łaski.
White-collar crime: Firm to Watch
- Individual recommendations for Jan Roliński and Aleksandra Stępniewska.
Detailed ranking results may be viewed here: https://www.legal500.com/firms/11533-wkb-wiercinski-kwiecinski-baehr/12724-warsaw-poland/