In the most recent edition of The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2019, WKB Wierciński, Kwieciński, Baehr law firm has been recommended in 15 categories, increasing the total count of recommendations received by the firm by one, as compared to last year’s rankings.
A total of 25 WKB’s lawyers have received individual recommendations. Dr Jerzy Baehr (Energy), Aleksander Stawicki (Competition Law) and dr Bartosz Turno (Competition Law) have been recognised as Leading Individuals. Furthermore, dr Jerzy Baehr has again been included in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame – a commendation highlighting those ”individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence”. Anna Flaga-Martynek (Infrastructure Projects) has in turn been ranked as a Next Generation Lawyer.
In comparison to last year’s edition of the rankings, the firm has been promoted in five categories: Banking & Finance; Commercial, corporate and M&A; Dispute resolution; Insurance; and Private equity. For the first time, WKB has also been included in the Healthcare and life sciences category.
Among the firm’s lawyers recommended individually, the following six experts have made their debuts in the rankings: Milena Bogdanowicz, Agnieszka Chwiałkowska, Maria Gutowska-Ibbs, Natalia Kabacińska, Marek Prętki, Agata Szczepańczyk-Piwek and Jordan Zafirow.
The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2019 recommends WKB and its lawyers in the following categories:
Competition/antitrust: Top Tier Firm
Insurance: Top Tier Firm
Energy and Natural Resources: Tier 2
- Individual recommendations for Jerzy Baehr (Leading Individual, Hall of Fame), Maciej Szambelańczyk and Jakub Pokrzywniak
Commercial, corporate and M&A: Tier 2
Construction: Tier 2
Intellectual Property: Tier 2
- Individual recommendations for Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska, Aleksandra Wędrychowska-Karpińska and Milena Bogdanowicz.
Public law: Tier 2
Restructuring and insolvency: Tier 2
Banking and finance: Tier 3
Dispute resolution: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Bartłomiej Jankowski, Tomasz Kwieciński, Jordan Zafirow and Natalia Kabacińska.
Healthcare and life sciences: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Aleksandra Wędrychowska-Karpińska and Maria Gutowska-Ibbs.
Private equity: Tier 3
TMT: Tier 3
- Individual recommendations for Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska and Aleksandra Wędrychowska-Karpińska.
Employment: Tier 4
- Individual recommendation for Wioleta Polak.
Capital Markets: Tier 4
The full versions of the editorials for The Legal500 EMEA 2019 rankings are available on the publisher’s site.