Wiktor IwańskiAdvocate firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +48 22 201 00 00
Wiktor works for the Dispute Resolution and the Infrastructure & PPP Teams and focuses on both civil law and business law.
A graduate of the Department of Law and Administration at Jagiellonian University ("JU"), Wiktor is now taking a doctoral programme at the University's Chair of Civil Law. Wiktor has won several studentships from JU's Department of Law and the University's Chancellor. He came 3rd (2014) and 2nd (2015) in the Lewiatan Arbitration Contest and won the Best Contest Speaker 2015 award. Wiktor was also awarded a prize from its Circuit Chamber of Legal Counsel (2015). He has authored publications in law reviews such as Państwo i Prawo, Polski Proces Cywilny, Rejent, Przegląd Sądowy. He completed the ICC Arbitration and ADR Training Programme, an initiative organised under the patronage of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (“ICC”) in Paris and the Jagiellonian University, and is a lecturer at domestic conferences. Wiktor has gained professional experience in a renowned Cracow-based law firm specialising in business and IP law.
He represents entities in all types of court disputes, and in particular proceedings involving construction investments, as well as corporate and compensation disputes. Wiktor also advises on international and domestic infrastructure projects in relation to negotiating, performing and settling contracts, as well as establishing and enforcing security interests. He also provides assistance at all pre-trial stages (including interim relief proceedings) and execution stages (including bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings).
- Represented investors, contractors and subcontractors during complex construction proceedings with significant object of litigation value, with respect to the execution and settlement of investment projects, including the rationale underlying the enforcement of established security interests.
- Represented energy sector entities and financing entities during proceedings for determining the validity of long-term contracts on sale of certificates of origin.
- Represented a listed company in a dispute with a shareholder during court proceedings regarding the voting right and validity of resolutions passed, and provided strategic corporate advice in relation to that dispute.
- Acted as proxy in several investment disputes connected with the conclusion and performance of share purchase agreements.
- A member of the team representing an insurer in a compensation dispute for tens of millions of Polish zlotys.
- A member of the team providing strategic corporate and litigation advice in connection with potential claims concerning concluded long-term contracts.