Marek Prętkilegal counsel email@example.com
T: +48 61 855 32 20
A member of the insurance law team and competition law team.
A graduate of the Department of Law and Administration of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań and a member of the Polish legal counsel bar association.
Marek combines his experience in consumer law and competition law with acting in an advisory capacity for insurance and reinsurance companies, power companies and water and sewerage enterprises.
He can also boast vast experience in various aspects of procedure before common courts, administrative authorities and administrative courts and in private international law.
Marek shares his expertise speaking about consumer protection in various conferences and training events, especially for the regulated sectors.
- Advised and participated in administrative and judicial proceedings related to infringements of collective consumer interests, including for insurance companies;
- Verified standard terms and conditions used by businesses for compliance with consumer laws;
- Participated in judicial reviews of standard terms and conditions for compliance with consumer laws;
- Advised energy companies on defining their customer contracting processes (in cooperation with energy team);
- Advised water and sewerage companies on consumer and competition laws (in cooperation with infrastructure team).
- advised insurance companies and took part in administrative investigations by Polish competition and financial supervision authorities in relation to life insurance products;
- took part in judicial review of Polish competition authority's decision against an insurance company and a broker in relation to an alleged agreement in restraint of competition;
- took part in judicial review of Polish competition authority's decision relating to refusal to pay indemnity for reimbursement of replacement vehicle lease expenses;
- was involved in drafting legal opinions for Polish Chamber of Insurance;
- was involved in due diligence audits of insurance intermediaries;
- was involved in a due diligence audit of an insurance company engaged in property and personal insurance (section II insurance).
Consumer and competition laws:
- participated in legislative work in the Polish parliament on the Consumer Rights Bill (co-authored an expert opinion report);
- member of team representing Enea Operator Sp. z o.o. in litigation on alleged abuse of dominant position (case ended up before Supreme Court);
- member of team that prepared a cassation appeal before Supreme Court in the matter of abuse of dominant position on the press market (case won);
- member of team that prepared expert report for Minister of the Economy on the definition of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in EU law for state aid purposes;
- provided training on competition and consumer laws for water and sewerage companies;
- was involved in preparing merger notification in the acquisition of Expander Advisors Sp. z o.o. by Aviva Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń na Życie S.A. (merger unconditionally cleared by Polish competition authority);
- was involved in preparing merger notification in a joint venture project of leading global oil companies ENI and Rosneft (merger unconditionally cleared by Polish competition authority).