Maciej SzambelańczykLegal Counsel, Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +48 61 855 32 20
A member of the team specializing in providing legal advice to infrastructure companies in particular on energy law as well as rendering legal services to municipal entities.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, and postgraduate studies in the area of European Business Law.
Maciej also has extensive experience in commercial law, corporate restructurings and real estate transactions. As a representative of industry associations he also participated in parliamentary works on implementing legislative solutions relating to the construction of nuclear power plant in Poland and amendment of the Civil Code concerning transmission easement.
- Advised numerous Polish and foreign investors on matters related to numerous investments in renewable energy (from 10 to 300 MW);
- Advised Polish leading energy companies including gas and power network operators, gas, energy and heat distributors and power generators on tariffs, concessions and TPA rules matters;
- Advised ENEA S.A. on distribution system operator unbundling (over PLN 4 billion in spun-off assets);
- Advised RWE STOEN S.A. on distribution system operator unbundling (over PLN 2 billion in spun-off assets);
- Advised ENION S.A. on corporate spin-off in connection with distribution system operator unbundling (over PLN 7 billion in spun-off assets);
- Advised EnergiaPro S.A. corporate spin-off in connection with distribution system operator unbundling (over PLN 7 billion in spun-off assets);
- Advised BOT S.A. on the group consolidation (over PLN 3 billion in consolidated assets);
- Advised on formation of a power generating company by PGNiG S.A in cooperation with Elektrownia Stalowa Wola S.A.;
- Drafted a report for the Ministry of Economy concerning nuclear power and acted as an advisor in the legislative works on the solutions relating to the construction of nuclear power plant in Poland.
Infrastructure and municipal sector
- Advised Gaz-System S.A., the gas transmission operator, on a bill facilitating the location of network assets and advancing the location of LNG terminal in Poland;
- Advised “Puszcza Zielonka” Inter-Commune Association (Związek Międzygminny “Puszcza Zielonka”) on an EU-funded infrastructure development project valued at PLN 300m;
- Advised the Polish Chamber of Urban Transport on a Public Transport Act;
- Advised the water and sewage companies, including the Polish Chamber of Commerce for Water and Sewage Companies, in legislative work on amendments to the Collective Water Supply and Sewage Disposal Act;
- Advised “Poznań Agglomeration Waste Management” Inter-Municipal Association (Związku Międzygminnego „Gospodarka Odpadami Aglomeracji Poznańskiej”) on implementing „waste resolution”, among others advisory services on the tender procedure for the collection and management of municipal waste.
Other selected recommendations:
Maciej Szambelańczyk is described by one commentator as a "valued expert in the renewable energy sources market," while another characterises him as a "very bright lawyer." – Chambers Europe 2019 | Energy & Natural Resources
Sources say that his advice is "well adapted to companies' needs from both legal and business perspectives."– Chambers Europe 2018 | Energy & Natural Resources
"He is able to see things from both legal and business perspectives. He has great communication skills, and he knows how to explain even very complex issues in an understandable way," a client reports. – Chambers Europe 2017 | Energy & Natural Resources
Sources state that Maciej Szambelańczyk has a "deep knowledge of energy law in Poland and everything connected with the sector." – Chambers Europe 2016 | Energy & Natural Resource
Inne wybrane rekomendacje: