Bartłomiej JankowskiAdvocate, Senior Partner email@example.com
T: +48 22 201 00 00
A co-founder and senior partner at WKB, Bartłomiej heads the dispute resolution team.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw. He completed a course in international comparative law organized by the University of Strasbourg and a course in English and European law organized by the Centre for the Study of English and European Law at the University of Warsaw.
He specialises in court and arbitration proceedings, with a special focus on construction matters and infrastructure undertakings. Bartłomiej handles corporate and commercial contracts litigation. He has extensive experience in projects relating to energy, transportation, water and wastewater infrastructure. Bartłomiej advises clients on preparation and implementation of infrastructure projects using his expertise in civil law, construction law, environmental law, public sector regulations and European Union law.
- Represented an investor in an ICC arbitration involving a FIDIC-based line investment in water-wastewater infrastructure sector;
- Represented a leading European manufacturer of optoelectronics in an arbitration proceedings against Polish State Treasury based on rules of the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce;
- Represented an investor from the coke industry in a dispute with a contractor in relation to a project of an estimated value of PLN 0.5 billion;
- Represented an investor in a dispute with a contractor involving a FIDIC-based construction of an infiltration water intake;
- Represented project owner in the arbitration proceedings related to Polish LNG terminal project in Świnoujście;
- Represented a major player in the fuel industry in arbitration dispute with a Danish business partner;
- Represented a road building contractor in the disputes before the General Director for National Roads and Motorways (Generalny Dyrektor Dróg Krajowych i Autostrad);
- Represented an investor in a dispute with the contractor of a tram depot.
Transactions and projects
- Headed a team preparing an EU commissioned comprehensive legal analysis on the implementation of an innovative, from the financial engineering point of view, scheme to support by means of EU funds urban development in Poland – JESSICA initiative;
- Advised Polskie LNG sp. z o.o. in relation to construction of the Polish LNG terminal in Świnoujście;
- Advised Gaz System sp. z o. o. – headed the team conducting consultations in the course of legislative work on the special legislation relating to LNG terminal in Świnoujście;
- Advised Municipal Water Supply and Sewerage Systems in Bydgoszcz (Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizaca w Bydgoszczy sp. z o.o ) in connection with an acquisition of a wastewater treatment plant;
- Advised municipal companies on water and wastewater infrastructure development projects and their everyday business activity;
- Managed a number of company acquisitions in the reusable materials and recycling industry.
Other selected recommendations: