Emilia WardęgaAdvocate email@example.com
T: + 48 22 201 00 00
Emilia is a member of the Competition Law team.
Emilia advises clients in various aspects of Polish and EU competition law matters, including cartels, vertical agreements, abuse of dominant position (including regulated sectors) and merger control. She represents clients in administrative proceedings, including before the President of the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (OCCP) and the European Commission. She also deals with consumer protection issues, unfair competition cases, unfair market practices as well as EU law.
Emilia has gained professional experience working for international law firms based in Warsaw, and during the traineeship in the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition in Brussels, in the Antitrust Telecoms unit. Emilia is a member of the Competition Law Association in Poland.
Emilia is a graduate of the University of Warsaw (summa cum laude), the University of Poitiers in France in co-operation with the French Law Centre of the University of Warsaw (Master de Droit des affaires, spécialité Droit français et européen des affaires), and postgraduate studies at the College of Europe in Belgium (LL.M. in European Law). As a student of the Socrates Erasmus exchange programme she studied at Panthéon-Assas University in Paris (Paris II).
- Represented clients in proceedings before the President of the Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (OCCP) concerning practices restricting competition (including cases regarding leniency applications), practices infringing collective consumer interests, and merger control;
- Represented clients in antitrust proceedings before the European Commission;
- Represented clients in proceedings concerning practices restricting competition and practices infringing collective consumer interests before the Polish Court of Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Conducted antimonopoly audits of companies (including Polish subsidiaries of international companies) aimed at verifying their compliance with competition law, including developing audit strategy, analysing documentation and interviewing employees, as well as drawing up a report containing, among other things, practical recommendations;
- Advised on competition aspects of corporate due diligence reviews in connection with contemplated transactions;
- Reviewed commercial contracts for compliance with competition law;
- Provided day-to-day advice on competition and consumer law to businesses and industry organisations (legal opinions, analyses, memoranda, trainings);
- Advised in cases concerning unfair competition acts, in particular prepared requests to cease violations;
- Represented a low-cost airline before the Polish Civil Aviation Authority during a procedure for the obtaining of carriage rights for certain routes.