Agnieszka Wiercińska-KrużewskaAdvocate, Senior Partner email@example.com
T: +48 22 201 00 00
A co-founder and senior partner at WKB, head of intellectual property and TMT team, also closely cooperates with the M&A team.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, As a holder of the Soros Foundation scholarship at the Central European University in Budapest she completed an LL.M course in international commercial law.
She advises clients on all aspects of copyright, industrial property, consumer law, unfair competition, personal data protection, internet domains, press law and protection of personal rights. Agnieszka has also extensive experience in legal advisory services concerning sensitive product marketing and gambling.
Within her areas of practice, apart from providing ongoing advice, she represents clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings. She has many years’ experience in the acquisition of companies on private market.
- Represented Marquard Media, publishers of Playboy, Cosmopolitan, Shape and other titles, in a copyright exhaustion case involving VCDs;
- Represented Marquard Media in infringement cases involving football referees’ personal rights (football corruption scandal exposed by publication of football referees’ dossiers by Przegląd Sportowy daily; so-called “Lista Fryzjera”);
- Represented Presspublica sp. z o.o., publishers of Rzeczpospolita daily, in an infringement case involving a book Kwiatki Jana Pawła II;
- Represented PHN AS and Presspublica sp. z o.o. in corporate disputes involving company dissolution and shareholder expulsion;
- Represented an inheritor of copyright to Bolek and Lolek cartoon characters in a disputes concerning division of copyright among co-creators;
- Represented an English-based collective rights management society RAL in disputes with Polish rights management societies.
Ongoing advisory services
- Advising Polish Book Institute, copyright holder for all works of Janusz Korczak, in book, film and audiobook licensing negotiations for such titles as Król Maciuś I, Król Maciuś na bezludnej wyspie and Kajtuś Czarodziej. Counsel in copyright infringement disputes;
- Advising the National Audiovisual Institute on the legal aspects of digitization of TVP’s (Polish Television) archives. Advised the Institute on culture promotion projects;
- Advising Fremantle Media on legal aspects of the development of such TV programmes as Do dzwonka, Czysta chata, Kuba Wojewódzki, or Brzydula;
- Advising Ok Money on all aspects of non-bank financial services.
- Advised Bosch on an asset purchase including patents, trademarks, copyright and know-how in heating boilers;
- Advised Mecom Group on the sale of shares of Presspublica sp. z o.o., publisher of Rzeczpospolita daily, to Gremi S.A.;
- Advised New Frontier Holdings on the acquisition of an IT company;
- Advised shareholders of Iglokrak Group on the sale of companies to a private equity fund.
"She is a good listener who understands our needs and reacts quickly," clients report. "She is very business-focused and not academic at all. She is super-efficient and straight to the point," a satisfied interviewee adds. – Chambers Europe 2017 | Intellectual Property