Jakub PokrzywniakLegal Counsel, Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +48 61 855 32 20
A co-head of the insurance law team together with Tomasz Kwieciński and the energy team with dr Jerzy Baehr.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań where he also defended his Ph.D. thesis on civil and insurance law. Jakub completed postgraduate studies at Polish - French Insurance Institute (ENAss-PIU), specializing in insurance law. In 2013 he authored a publication on energy law grid connection matters.
Jakub has authored numerous publications on commercial insurance and energy law, both for the academic community and the general reader. He advises WKB clients on commercial insurance, energy as well as acts as counsel in litigation proceedings and represents clients before public authorities.
- Represented one of the major Polish energy companies in a complex insurance compensation case;
- Represented leading polish and foreign insurers in complex litigation cases also including disputes before the President of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Represented one of the leading insurance brokers in a precedent-setting insurance dispute concerning a loss of brokerage fee;
- Represented a private client in a multi-million zloty insurance litigation involving an indemnity claim under D&O insurance and an out-of-court settlement;
- Represented on of the major Polish gas fuels distributor in in-court dispute proceedings concerning complex energy law matters;
- Represented electricity distribution company in in-court dispute proceedings concerning complex energy law matters, including disputes before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office.
- Provided advice to the Polish Insurance Association and the Association of Polish Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers and conducted comparative legal research for the Polish Insurance Association;
- Advised leading Polish insurers on general terms and conditions of insurance, liaison with insurance regulatory authority and on corporate matters;
- Advised a foreign-based insurer in relation to rendering insurance services in Poland and on conforming foreign general terms of insurance to Polish legal requirements;
- Advised one of major Polish companies on insurer’s liability for damages to power grids;
- Representing energy companies and their professional associations in legislative works concerning energy law, executive regulations and transmission easement regulations;
- Advised major Polish energy companies on defining tariffs and represented before the President of Energy Regulatory Office;
- Advised on power grid connection agreements, power and gas fuels transmission and distribution agreements and purchase agreements as well as comprehensive agreements;
- Represented clients before the President of the Energy Regulatory Office on granting licenses;
- Advised numerous energy companies on the amendments of the Energy law and related implications for their businesses.